STA Licensing By-law Interpretations
The following are interpretations of the STA Licensing By-law to provide a uniform and consistent application of the requriements of the STA Licensing By-law:
To clarify the requirements for accepting evidence by the Manager or Municipal Licensing Officer that the use of a STA premises is protected by virtue of s. 34(9) of the Planning Act and so as to provide consistent interpretation by Staff and to clarify requirements of same to members of the public with respect to STA licence applications.
To provide a uniform interpretation as to the intended use of a room for sleeping purposes bedroom or sleeping area) when applying provisions of the STA Licensing By-law and to clarify expectations for members of the public.
To provide consistent interpretation and administration by Staff when assessing Administrative Penalties and Demerit Points under the STA Licensing By-law 2013-50 and for clarifying expectations members of the public.
To provide clarification for the designate of the Manger as defined in the STA Licensing By-law No, 2013-50.
To clarify the requirements of Parking Management Plans for a licensed STA premises and to provide consistent interpretation and administration by Staff.
- POL BL 15 02 Noise By-law Relief Requests (170 KB)
- POL STAL 16 09 Parking Management Plan (249 KB)
- POL.STAL.14.01 STA Licence Applications: Confirming Legal Non-Conforming Status (120 KB)
- POL.STAL.14.02 STA Premises: Definition of a Bedroom (40 KB)
- POL.STAL.14.03 STA Licensed Premises: Noise By-law Infractions (149 KB)
- POL.STAL.16.07 Manager Designate (116 KB)