The Town of The Blue Mountains Corporate Strategic Plan provides a new framework and sets the stage for decision-making, priority-setting and ongoing performance management in the Town and community for the next several years. The vision and mission statements provide further direction and support the Town values.
Organizations wishing to remain at the forefront of innovation must continually look for opportunities to better deliver services by being:
- More efficient
- More effective
We must remain in step with the needs of our community members. Thinking strategically and making a commitment to continuous improvement is essential to our long-term success.
This Corporate Strategic Plan is about:
- Managing change
- Taking our service to the next level
- Making certain we retain our unique community character
- Capitalizing on the opportunities that will allow the Town to achieve long-term sustainable success
This Plan is a reflection of the collective priorities of Council and, to this end, articulates clearly where Council and staff will place their efforts over the current term of Council.
Having a Corporate Strategic Plan in place for the Town provides a roadmap for Council Members over their term of office and a guidebook for staff that summarizes strategic actions to assist in aligning resources.
The Vision Statement describes a picture for the future; a sense of what makes the Town of The Blue Mountains special and unique. It represents a significant challenge and will require the Town to make a focused and direct effort to achieve. The Vision should stimulate leadership activity, commitment and participation beyond the Town’s current leadership.
The Town of The Blue Mountains – An approachable Council and Staff serving an engaged and well-informed community.
A Mission Statement is an informal statement that defines the purpose of an organization. It defines an organization’s reason for existing.
At the Town of The Blue Mountains Council and Staff together foster the trust of our community and support our region's diverse cultural and natural heritage through thoughtful consultation and organizational excellence.
Values are the governing principles that guide an organization on a daily basis. The Town’s values have been developed through collaboration with Council and Staff to work towards the common goal of striving to be the best local government for the residents it serves.
The Town of The Blue Mountains believes in:
- EXCELLENCE: Providing conscientious service to the community and to each other;
- INTEGRITY: Being honest, consistent and fair in all we do;
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Ensuring responsible and transparent governance;
- INCLUSIVITY: Respecting and engaging every voice; and
- STEWARDSHIP: Honouring the past, caring for the present, leading towards a sustainable future.
The Town is committed to doing its best and doing the right things for the community. The Town is constantly looking to improve services and to enhance practices of striving towards municipal service excellence.
In every regard, Staff and Council balance these three interdependent pillars to secure the responsible use of resources and restoration of nature to meet the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
- Environmental Resilience: The Town is a steward of its geography, biodiverse ecosystems and unique microclimate;
- Social and Cultural Vitality: The Town's resourceful and caring urban and rural residents enjoy a high quality of life and face any challenges together; and
- Economic Balance: The community has a diversified economy, ever mindful of the Town's agricultural roots and role as a premier four-season destination.