The Town of The Blue Mountains is pleased to announce that the fall intake period for applications to the Town's Community Improvement Plans will open on Tuesday, September 5, 2023.
The Town has two Community Improvement Plans, which are detailed below:
- The Town Wide Revitalization Community Improvement Plan encourages private property improvement and revitalization. Applications open on September 5, 2023 and will be accepted until October 6, 2023.
- The Housing Within Reach Community Improvement Plan facilitates the development of attainable housing. Applications open on September 5, 2023 and will be accepted until December 15, 2023.
Interested applicants are encouraged to arrange a pre-application consultation with Town Staff to discuss and confirm application requirements. Following the consultation, applicants must submit a completed application form, including supporting documentation for evaluation.
A Community Improvement Plan (CIP) is a planning and economic development tool that municipalities may use to facilitate broad community revitalization goals through grants or loans to private property owners and tenants.
In 2021, the Town of The Blue Mountains developed two Community Improvement Plans to serve as a long-term strategy to revitalize the community, improve the quality of life of the community's residents, better utilize under-developed properties and promote private investment in land and buildings.
Applications open September 5, 2023 to October 6, 2023
The Town developed the Town Wide Revitalization CIP to encourage Town-wide revitalization and community development. This CIP presents a variety of incentive programs that can be offered by the Town to promote private property improvement and revitalization.
Applications open September 5, 2023 to December 15, 2023
The Town developed the Housing Within Reach CIP to provide a long-term strategy to encourage and facilitate the development of attainable housing. This CIP establishes a toolbox of incentive programs that can be offered by the Town to directly stimulate private and non-profit sector investment in attainable housing to meet the needs of the community.
- Applicants are required to contact the CIP Administrator to arrange and participate in a pre-application consultation meeting with Town staff, in order to discuss and confirm application requirements, program eligibility, the proposed scope of work, project timing, supporting documentation requirements, etc.
- After the consultation, the applicant will be required to submit a completed application, which will include all of the application forms, in addition to any supporting documentation, as required by the Town.
- Once all the required forms and supporting materials are received, the Plan Administrator will undertake a preliminary screening of the proposal and application.
- Based on the application and proposal, the results of the preliminary screening, Town staff may perform an initial site visit and inspection of the building/property, as necessary.
- If the application clearly does not meet the program requirements, the application will not be accepted.
- If the application meets the program requirements, the application will be accepted. Acceptance does not guarantee financial incentive approval, only that it will be reviewed by Council or a delegated approval authority for final financial approval.
Further details are available in the full Community Improvement Plan Documents.