The Blue Mountains Fire Department is responsible for implementing emergency preparedness strategies and ensuring that businesses, residents, and visitors of The Blue Mountains have the necessary information to ensure personal preparedness prior to and during an emergency.
For more information, please contact the Deputy Fire Chief, Training/Emergency Management or review the Town's Emergency Response Plan.
Have you thought of creating a 72-hour emergency preparedness kit? Here’s what you need for your kit:
- Flashlight and batteries
- Radio and batteries or crank radio
- Spare batteries (for radio and flashlight)
- First-aid kit
- Candles and matches/lighter
- Extra car keys and cash
- Copies of identification (driver’s licence/health card)
- Food and bottled water
- Clothing and footwear
- Blankets or sleeping bags
- Toilet paper and other personal items
- Backpack or duffel bag (to hold all of the emergency kit items)
- Playing cards or something to pass the time
Ensure you have a three day supply of consumables per person.
For more information on how you can be prepared for an emergency in our community, please visit Grey County’s Emergency Preparedness webpage.