The Blue Mountains Fire Department is committed to preventing fires and injuries, ensuring compliance with the Ontario Fire Code and educating residents about fire safety.
As part of the Department, the Fire Prevention Division is active in the following areas:
- Educating the public regarding fire safety and prevention measures
- Conducting fire inspections to make sure that all required fire prevention and safety measures are in place and being maintained
- Conducting plans review and new construction inspections
In addition, the Fire Prevention Division provides the following services:
- Inspections on a complaint and request basis
- Fire Safety Presentations
- Fire Extinguisher Training
For more information on Fire Code compliance please contact the Chief Fire Prevention Officer.
Smoke & CO Alarms
Make sure your home has working smoke alarms. Smoke alarms are required on every storey and outside of all sleeping areas.
- Test smoke alarms monthly
- Change the batteries once a year
- Replace smoke alarms after 10 years
- Develop and practice a home fire escape plan with everyone in your household
For more information about smoke alarms please visit the Ontario Ministry of Community Safety & Correctional Services website.
The Ontario Fire Code requires homes to have working carbon monoxide detectors.
Carbon Monoxide Questions and Answers
For more information about carbon monoxide detectors please visit the Ontario Ministry of Community Safety & Correctional Services website.
Fire Safety Tips
Use the links below to learn how to protect yourself and those you care about from the risk of fire.