The Thornbury Wastewater Treatment Plant was completed in 1994, with a rated capacity of 3580 m3/day. This project will include the construction/installation of all equipment required for operation of the Extended Aeration treatment system to increase capacity to 5,330 m3/day.
- Civil site prep work
- Addition of one extended aeration tank, including aeration system, required accessories, and alum addition
- Addition of one clarifier and associated mechanical system
- Increase the current Ultraviolet disinfection system to meet 5,330 m3/day
- Replacement of existing air blowers, including required valves, controls, instrumentation and distribution piping
- Additional 14,000 m3/day mechanical screen and associated hardware to be added
- Incorporate energy efficiency throughout the plant
Expansion of the plant was approved as part of the 2020 Town Budget. It is anticipated that the detailed design will be completed in Q3 2022. Construction will be completed in two steps to allow for scheduled advancements. The first step is scheduled to be completed in Q3 2022, with the second step beginning immediately afterwards. The project is expected to be completed in Q4 of 2024.
To replace end-of-life equipment and ensure the Thornbury Wastewater Treatment Plant is capable of providing reliable service in line with the forecasted growth of the community.
Follow this Project
Subscribe now to receive timely updates regarding this project direct to your inbox.Subscribe