The dog park is a place where pet owners can take their dogs to run free without a leash. Off-leash does not mean “out of control” and only applies to the specific, designated area. Pet owners must also be on-site for the duration of the visit and abide by the off-leash area etiquette.
Dog Park Etiquette
- Dogs must be licensed;
- Properly clean-up and dispose of your dog’s waste;
- Handlers must have a leash with them for each dog;
- Dogs must be under the control of and within sight of their handlers at all times;
- Owners are personally liable for any damage or injury inflicted by their dogs;
- Please ensure that all dogs are leashed before leaving the off-leash area.
If you are a new or existing dog owner, you must register your pet with the Animal Control Officer on or before March 15 every year. Owners must pay the dedicated fee and secure a metal dog tag showing the serial number and year of issue.