Please have garbage, recycling, and organics curbside and ready for pickup by 7:00 a.m. on your day of collection.
The Waste Resource tool can be used to confirm collection day and holiday collection information. It can also be used to determine what types of materials or waste are accepted curbside or at the Town Landfill & Recycling Depot. To do this, select the "Wizard" tab and then type your inquiry into the search bar.
- Garbage (two bag limit; the first bag is free, the second bag must be tagged);
- Recycling (blue and grey boxes), and Organics (green bin) are collected weekly. Items must be bagged;
- Garbage bag weight limit is 18kg with dimensions of no larger than 76cm x 97cm;
- Garbage cans must have side handles and dimensions no larger than 84cm in height x 56cm in diameter;
- Garbage Bag Tags cost $3.00 and are available at Town Hall, Landfill & Recycling Depot, L.E. Shore Memorial Library, Thornbury Foodland, Hindle's Hardware, Circle K Craigleith and Ravenna Country Market;
- Cardboard must be flattened to 61cm x 46cm x 15cm, and placed near recycling bins.
Curbside Yard Waste Collection
Fall curbside yard waste collection ran from October 24, 2022 to November 17, 2022.
Any remaining yard waste may be dropped off anytime during operating hours at the Town's Landfill and Recycling Depot.
Placing Your Curbside Garbage Bin
Proper placement and maintenance of your curbside garbage bin is very important to make the collection process as efficient as possible.
Bins should be placed at the front property line, 3 feet from the driveway, completely off the shoulder or ditch, clearly visible for collection crews.
The bins must remain cleared of snow, bushes and debris at all times. Maintenance of the bins is fully the responsibility of the homeowner.
Waste Diversion Communications Plan
In an effort to clearly identify and plan promotions and education efforts associated with waste diversion in the Town's waste diversion system, a Waste Diversion Communications Plan has been created.
The Plan outlines intended actions and annual monitoring of actions against tonnage of material collected.