The Waste Resource tool can be used to confirm collection day and holiday collection information. It can also be used to determine what types of materials or waste are accepted curbside or at the Town Landfill & Recycling Depot. To do this, select the "Wizard" tab and then type your inquiry into the search bar.
- Garbage (two bag limit; the first bag is free, the second bag must be tagged);
- Recycling (blue and grey boxes), and Organics (green bin) are collected weekly. Items must be bagged;
- Garbage bag weight limit is 18kg with dimensions of no larger than 76cm x 97cm;
- Garbage cans must have side handles and dimensions no larger than 84cm in height x 56cm in diameter;
- Garbage Bag Tags cost $3.00 and are available at Town Hall, Landfill & Recycling Depot, L.E. Shore Memorial Library, Thornbury Foodland, Hindle's Hardware, Circle K Craigleith and Ravenna Country Market;
- Cardboard must be flattened to 61cm x 46cm x 15cm, and placed near recycling bins.
Curbside Yard Waste Collection
Curbside yard waste collection begins May 2, 2022 and runs until May 26, 2022. Please ensure it is placed to the curb by 7:00 a.m.
- Maximum 10 paper bags or containers (without a lid) per week on your regular collection day.
- Maximum weight per bag or container is 18 kg (40 lbs).
Waste Diversion Communications Plan
In an effort to clearly identify and plan promotions and education efforts associated with waste diversion in the Town's waste diversion system, a Waste Diversion Communications Plan has been created.
The Plan outlines intended actions and annual monitoring of actions against tonnage of material collected.