The Town of The Blue Mountains is a growing and progressive, four-season community with stunning natural features, including the Niagara Escarpment, Beaver Valley and the Georgian Bay shoreline, and the various recreational activities and experiences they afford. We are seeking to fill a full time Building Inspector position within our Planning and Development Department, Building Services Division.
Advantages of The Blue Mountains include excellent quality of life, endless opportunities, the amenities of a complete community and proximity to the Greater Toronto Area, come join us!
Under the general supervision of the Manager Building Services/Chief Building Official, this position plays an integral role in ensuring that the construction, renovation, change of use and demolition activities of buildings within the Town are properly examined and inspected prior to and during construction to provide and maintain a level of quality that complies with the Ontario Building Code, applicable municipal by-laws and applicable law in order to protect public the health and safety ensuring efficient construction within the Town. The Building Inspector performs plans review and inspection services to ensure compliance with the Building Code Act, Ontario Building Code, and other applicable law consistent with established policies, practices and procedures as directed by the Chief Building Official and issues notices and orders with respect to Building Code Act enforcement, as necessary to ensure life safety and structural integrity of buildings.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Requires a three-year post-secondary Degree and/or Diploma in Architecture or Engineering Technology, or equivalent
- Eligible or working towards certification as a Certified Building Code Official with the Ontario Building Officials Association.
- Requires a minimum of three years of Ontario Building Code inspection/plans examination experience; or related work experience
- Required to maintain or obtain the following categories of qualifications under the building code: Powers and Duties of CBO, House, Small Buildings, Plumbing House, Plumbing - All Buildings, On-Site Sewage, HVAC House, Building Services, Building Structural, Large Buildings and Complex Buildings.
- Extensive knowledge of the Ontario Building Code Act and Regulations and Property Standards By-Law an applicable Federal and Provincial Laws.
Information for Interested Candidates:
A detailed job description and instructions on how to apply are available on the Town’s website, www.thebluemountains.ca under Town Hall - Employment Opportunities.
The submission deadline for applications is 4:30 p.m. on October 3, 2022.
Annual Salary Range: $66,393.60 – $77,659.40 (2022 Rate).
Full Time – 1 Position Available
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Personal information provided by the applicants is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001 and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.