The Blue Mountains is located just west of Collingwood in Grey County. The Town runs from Osler Bluff Ski Club, along the escarpment to Georgian Bay, west through the Beaver Valley, Thornbury and Lora Bay.
The area is comprised of two major sectors, agriculture and tourism, but also includes a broad range of service, retail and several large manufacturers.
When surveyed area businesses as part of our 2014 Business Retention and Expansion Study, business identified the following benefits to locating in The Blue Mountains:
- Quality of life, lifestyle
- Support from local residents
- Availability of health and medical services
- Most local government services were rated Good to Excellent
- Quality of life,
- Location – recreation attractions, beauty, proximity to GTA
- Demographics – retirees with disposable income
Interestingly, we are seeing a large influx of families with young school age children, leaving the GTA to experience the many benefits of the area.
When the study was conducted in 2014, 89% of surveyed businesses planning on expanding their business. There was the potential to add over 60,000 square feet of space for retail, manufacturing and services, with plans to grow by 135 jobs. Over 60% believed they would see an increase in sales.