2022 Municipal Election
The Municipal and School Board Elections are facilitated by the Clerk's Office. The next municipal election will be held on October 24, 2022. Please review the following page for an overview of voter information, previous election results, financial statements, and more. For more information, please contact the Town Clerk.
On this page:
1. Certified Candidates
2. Voting Information & Voter Help Centres
3. Election Notices
4. Election Results
5. 2022 Financial Statements
6. Frequently Asked Questions
7. Nomination & Registration Information
8. Additional Information & Resources
9. Previous Municipal Elections Information
Not sure if you're a valid municipal voter? Please review the information below to gain insight into the municipal election process in the Town and to confirm that you're on the list of registered voters. For more information, please contact the Clerk's Division.
On October 25, 2022, Corrina Giles, Town Clerk of The Corporation of the Town of The Blue Mountains, in the County of Grey, declared the following candidates elected as a result of the Municipal Election held October 24, 2022.
- Mayor: Andrea Matrosovs
- Deputy Mayor: Peter Bordignon (Acclaimed)
- Councillor: Paula Hope
- Councillor: June Porter
- Councillor: Gail Ardiel
- Councillor: Shawn McKinlay
- Councillor: Alex Maxwell
- Bluewater District School Board Trustee - English Public: Michael Craig
- Bruce-Grey Catholic District School Board Trustee - English Separate: Bruce Muise
- Conseil scolaire Viamonde Trustee - French Public: Eric Lapointe
- Conseil scolaire catholique Providence Trustee - French Separate: Sylvie C. Barbeau-Chmielewski
The Unofficial Results, including vote totals, of the 2022 Municipal and School Board Election were posted at 8:46 p.m. on Monday, October 24, 2022.
Nomination & Registration Information
Registration packages can be downloaded using the accordions below and paper copies are available at Town Hall during standard business hours.
The packages contain all the materials needed to register as a candidate for the office of Mayor, Deputy Mayor, Councillor, Third Party Advertiser or School Board Trustee (Conseil scolaire catholique Providence).
Appointments were required to file nomination packages and can be made by emailing the Town Clerk or by calling 519-599-3131 ext. 232.