Please note that the Town Disposal Site will only accept waste from Town of The Blue Mountains residents and/or individuals that own property in the Town of The Blue Mountains.
The Landfill & Recycling Depot located on Grey Road 13 accepts household waste and recycling, yard waste, bulky items and hazardous waste items. All vehicles must cross the scale when entering the site. There is a minimum $12.00 charge for most waste items.
- Yard waste can be dropped off free of charge during hours of operation
- Bulky items can be delivered to the Landfill & Recycling Depot; fees may apply
Operating Hours and Location
Tuesday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Address: 788090 Grey Road 13, south of Grey Road 40
Phone: 519-599-3131 ext.490
Hazardous Waste Depot
The Hazardous Waste Depot is open each year from May to the end of September. Accepted items can be dropped off for free for proper disposal. For a list of accepted items, please refer to the Waste Wizard App located on the Curbside Garbage Collection page.
- Items NOT accepted include: explosives, flares, ammunition, unidentified waste, infectious waste, industrial, commercial or agricultural waste, Asbestos waste, leaking containers/containers without lids.
Bottles for BVO
Deposit return containers may now be delivered to the Landfill & Recycling Depot during hours of operation. Sorted LCBO and Beer Store bottles/cans will be returned for deposit to benefit the Beaver Valley Outreach programs.
Styrofoam Depot Collection Pilot Program
The Landfill & Recycling Depot is now accepting Styrofoam packaging material as part of a pilot program aimed at reducing waste in the Town. The pilot program is specific to a limited type of expanded polystyrene foam (type 6 plastic) or Styrofoam product packing. This type of foam is associated with the rigid white block foam used to protect products and equipment (such as electronics) during shipment and transport.
Please note: Styrofoam will not be collected as part of the curbside blue box program, but accepted foam materials are free to drop off with other Blue Box materials at the Waste Disposal Site. *Additional fees may apply to other waste items at the site.
The pilot program does not accept the following materials:
- Coloured foam
- Take-out containers, food and meat trays, and cups
- Peanut packaging
- Pool noodles
- Construction materials
When dropping off accepted materials, please ensure the Styrofoam is clean and tape-free. The Styrofoam material collected will be stored at the Site to be densified by a recycling contractor and sent to a recycler to be made into new products such as picture frames. The pilot program is anticipated to run until the end of 2021, with the overall success of the program to be studied for an expanded implementation in 2022 following the pilot program’s conclusion.
COVID-19 Health & Safety Measures
A number of new operational restrictions and safety measures have been implemented to ensure the safe and effective operation of the landfill. Please read the following items carefully:
- There will be a $12 minimum charge per load (as of Feb 2021)
- Cash payments will not be accepted (debit or credit only – tap preferred)
- Staff will be limiting the number of customers into the landfill, and inbound curbside collection trucks will take priority. As a result, please be patient and expect delays
- No household hazardous waste will be accepted at this time
- Some diversion programs may be temporarily unavailable, and these materials will be disposed of and charged as garbage
- Split charges will not be allowed as a means to reduce the number of transactions, however; customers must still separate materials into designated areas