The Town of The Blue Mountains is pleased to announce the launch of a new annual Volunteer Recognition Awards event to celebrate and honour outstanding residents and organizations that have helped shape and build the community.
The awards ceremony will be held each year during National Volunteer Recognition Week, which takes place from April 24 to 30, 2022 this year. The event date for this year will be announced within the coming weeks.
The Town of The Blue Mountains recognizes and honours the achievements and contributions of community volunteers. These prestigious awards express Council’s appreciation of the many individuals and community groups who work to enhance the quality of life in The Blue Mountains. We invite you to submit nominations for those individuals or groups that have made a significant contribution to our community.
The deadline to submit nominations is Thursday, April 14, 2022.
Volunteer Recognition Awards Sub-Committee
The Town of The Blue Mountains is seeking applications, in the form of letters of interest, from members of the public for appointment to the Volunteer Recognition Awards Sub-Committee.
Applicants are encouraged to include background information and any special qualifications or interest related to the Volunteer Recognition Awards Selection Committee. All Applications should be submitted no later than Friday, March 4, 2022, 1:00 pm to:
32 Mill Street
Thornbury, Ontario N0H 2P0
For more information, please review the formal notice of public appointments.
- Arts & Culture Award: awarded to an individual and/or group for contribution to the development, support, preservation or promotion of culture, music, visual, performing, or literary arts.
- Sustainability Award: awarded to an individual and/or group for contribution to the protection, preservation, beautification, awareness and/or promotion of our local environment.
- Heritage Award: awarded to an individual and/or group for contribution to heritage preservation, architectural conservation, research and/or interpretation of local heritage.
- Sports and Recreation Award: awarded to an individual and/or group for contribution to the promotion, development and/or support of recreation and/or sport in the community.
- Good Neighbour Awards: awarded to a Blue Mountains resident for their outstanding efforts and actions that have enhanced or improved our community.
- Blue Mountains Community Builder Awards (adult 26 and over, youth 25 and younger): recognizes one individual in each age category who have made an outstanding voluntary contribution to the well-being of our community over a number of years. This award recognizes local champions who build communities and show us all what can be achieved with passion and determination.
- Outstanding Community Group Award: recognizes a community group for its outstanding voluntary contribution to the well-being of our community