This is regarding a proposed Zoning By-law Amendment to permit Refreshment Vehicles on certain lands. The properties being considered to permit Refreshment Vehicles are:
- Northwinds Beach - 209605 Highway 26
- Lion's Park - 118 Lion's Park Lane
- Little River Beach - 4 Harbour Street
- Beaver Valley Community Centre - 58 Alfred Street West
- Moreau Park - 76 Victoria Street South & 128 Alfred Street West
- Tomahawk Recreation Complex - 417230 10th Line
- Heathcote Park - 236668 Grey Road 13
The purpose and effect of this Zoning By-law Amendment, if approved, would be to allow the new use of a Refreshment Vehicle, as a temporary use, on these lands for a period of not more than three years (except for the Beaver Valley Community Centre land). The Beaver Valley Community Centre land is proposed to be rezoned to allow a Refreshment Vehicle for special community events on a permanent basis.
A Refreshment Vehicle would mean any motor vehicle, trailer, cart or similar vehicle or device used to serve food for consumption. For the purposes of this definition, motor vehicle shall not include an unassisted bicycle or tricycle operated by a single rider.
This proposed Zoning By-law Amendment to allow Refreshment Vehicles is part of a Town pilot project. This pilot project was given consideration by Council on June 1, 2021 per Staff Report PDS.21.065
Follow this Project
Subscribe now to receive timely updates regarding this project direct to your inbox.Subscribe